The good news is that you have finally launched your company and are on the road to success, only to figure out that you are missing one important aspect: creating a brand identity and further building and enhancing said identity. A brand identity is not only important for you to build success, but is the most vital way for clients to trust and connect with you on a brand recognition level. We've created a list of tips that we think are the most important strategies for standing out from the crowd.
- Understand Your Value: In order to know how to best build your brand, the initial step is to take a look at your strengths and what you can do to leverage and attract clients, while also creating solutions for their needs. Build off what you can bring to the table so that your clients don't have to.
- Consistency is Key: All your clients, whether they are returning or potential need to have consistency with your brand and identity. What you set as your identity is what you need to stick to. If you are a marketing company that specializes in digital marketing, specifically promotional emails, then that is your identity. Don't try to branch off too far from that, it's not worth the loss.
- Digital is Where It's at: Not only is digital marketing crucial to your brand and identity, but ensuring that you have a digital presence is pretty much make it or break it. A company that has a weak website or none at all is one that can't be trusted. Build a website that has testimonials, information about what you are about and what you can do for them, and sets you apart from others in your industry. Also it is absolutely crucial that you are not only on all social media platforms, but that you are active and not just on an every so often basis, every single day. Be consistent, maintain composure and tone, and create content that is appealing.
- Marketing Runs on Content: All content is good content and is what makes your brand go round. Not only does creating your own original content matter, but anything that you discover and share that is relevant also is considered highly important to brand recognition. Content can be created in many different ways, and although you might enjoy one way more than others, it is important to note that everybody learns, reacts, engages, and absorbs information in different ways. So tweet a video, blog about the same topic, or create an infographic--but remember content is king.
- Get Logo'd and Tagline'd: Create a logo and tagline that is easily recognized by your audience. Make your logo original and bright, something that corresponds to the character of the brand and create a tagline that conveys the image of your logo. Make sure to keep all logos and taglines consistent throughout social media, printed materials, and online resources.
- Humanize Yourself: Don't get stuck being the guy behind the computer, take a break from the digital world and create a humanized image. Let your audience know who you are, what you are about, and help them to relate to you on a day to day basis. Networking is not only great for your brand, but it is great to create links to people who might know someone you never thought you needed to know until now.
By keeping these tips in mind, you will not only improve your day to day marketing and brand recognition, but you will create a brand identity that is unbreakable and trusted. Your audience works off trust and consistency, give them what they need and you'll receive in return.